- Greenville, KY
- Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital
- Full-time - Days
- Work Hours: 6:45AM-3:15PM
- FTE: 1.0 (80 hrs biweekly)
- Req #: 19047
Provides assistance to physician and facilitates in procedural areas which includes invasive and non-invasive techniques.
- Prepares surgical operating suite with drapes, solutions, instruments, equipment, and supplies. Ensures good working order of equipment and instruments.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning, and draping patients.
- Provides continuous surveillance and maintenance of sterile field.
- Passes instruments to physician during surgery.
- Continually accounts for number and location of instruments and supplies during surgery.
- Receives specimens for delivery for appropriate testing.
- Assists with application of wound dressings and securing of drainage system.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, retraction, sponging, suctioning, and irrigation.
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or higher required upon hire
- No experience required
- CST - Certified Surgical Technologist through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) required within 90 days of employment in this position OR
- TS-C - Tech in Surgery-Certified through National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) required within 90 days of employment in this position AND
- BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Department specific competencies for positions are detailed in the unit/department scope of service.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Occasionally
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.