Certified Nursing Assistant Department Only
- Greenville, KY
- Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital
- Transitional Care
- Part-time - Nights
- Work Hours: 7p-7a
- FTE: .6 (48 hrs/biweekly)
- Req #: 19917
Assists the nursing staff by performing assigned duties.
- Greets and orients new patients to hospital environment and provides directions or instructions to patients and guests.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for review by a nurse.
- Documents patient progress toward goals and ensures documentation is accurate, complete, specific, and timely.
- Assists nursing staff to identify physical, psychosocial, age-specific, and cultural considerations of each patient.
- Works with the nursing staff to provide personal care according to organizational standards and policies.
- Reports abnormal findings.
- May monitor tube system and handle medications in accordance with medication safe handling practice.
- May update diet orders and verifies tray deliveries meet diet requirements.
- May electronically transfer patients in and out of the unit including facilitation of direct admit process, completion of discharge in electronic medial record (EMR), assembling paper-lite chart, and assisting with patient bed placement.
- May enter staff assignments into Responder 5 System and verify staff have logged in and out of the system to review assignments.
- May arrange for patient transport services.
- May enter work orders and obtain supplies from materials.
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or higher preferred
- No experience required
- SRNA - Certified as State Registered Nurse Assistant in the state of Kentucky required upon hire AND
- BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Occasionally
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.