- Greenville, KY
- Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital
- Full-time - Nights
- Work Hours: 7p-7a
- FTE: .9 (72 hrs/biweekly)
- Req #: 21288
Responds to calls for emergency medical services and provides patient care as directed and/or determined necessary.
- Administers care within scope of practice and per Emergency Department policies.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for review by a nurse.
- Assists nursing staff to identify physical, psychosocial, age-specific, and cultural considerations of each patient.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental, or emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Collaborates with care team, reports and records observations, and follows directives.
- Performs the following procedures: CPR, splinting, blood draws, EKGs, start peripheral IVs, RSV/Flu swabs, urinary catheter insertion, and hangs plain IVFs as directed.
- Transports telemetry monitored patients.
- May transport patients with blood infusing that was initiated prior to transport.
- May be required to complete order entry and maintain accurate documentation in a timely manner.
- Works under the supervision of a registered nurse, physician, or mid-level provider.
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or higher required upon hire
- No experience required
- Paramedic - Licensed Paramedic in the state of Kentucky required upon hire AND
- BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required upon hire AND
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Healthcare Provider required upon hire AND
- PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification required upon hire
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Occasionally
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.