- Greenville, KY
- Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital
- Full-time - Nights
- Work Hours: 7p-7a
- FTE: .9 (72 hrs/biweekly)
- Req #: 21287
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with patient/family and members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family and provides education based on age, culture, and willingness to learn.
- Performs job duties in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Associate's degree or higher or Diploma in Nursing required upon hire AND
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing required within 5 years of employment in this position
- No experience required
- RN - Licensed as a Registered Nurse. Eligible to practice nursing in the State of Kentucky required upon hire AND
- BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 45 days of employment in this position AND
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 12 months of employment in this position AND
- PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification required within 12 months of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Department specific competencies for positions are detailed in the unit/department scope of service.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Occasionally
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.