Graduate Nurse - Owensboro Health Twin Lakes Medical Center
- Leitchfield, KY
- Owensboro Health System
- Full-time - As Needed
- Work Hours: Variable
- FTE: .9 (72 hrs/biweekly)
- Req #: 21637
Please note that this posting does not constitute a vacancy. Applying to this position will prompt a Nurse Recruiter to contact you directly to discuss your interests and advise you through the application process.
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with patient/family and members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses learning needs of patient and family and provides education based on age, culture, and willingness to learn.
- Performs job duties in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Associate's degree or higher or Diploma in Nursing required upon hire AND
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing required within 5 years of employment in this position
- No experience required
- RN - Licensed as a Registered Nurse. Eligible to practice nursing in the State of Kentucky required upon hire AND
- BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 45 days of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Department specific competencies for positions are detailed in the unit/department scope of service.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Occasionally
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.