Licensed Practical Nurse
- Leitchfield, KY
- Owensboro Health Twin Lakes Medical Center
- Pain Management Leitchfield
- Full-time - Days
- Work Hours: M-F 730am-4pm
- FTE: 1.0 (80 hrs biweekly)
- Req #: 22899
Provides direct patient care under the direction of a registered nurse, nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or physician.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for review.
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions.
- Evaluates learning needs of patients and families and provides education based on age, culture, and willingness to learn.
- Performs job duties in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act.
- Triages patients and refers to physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant if needed.
- Relays information to patients.
- Carries out orders by the physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant as it pertains to the needs of the patients.
- Performs administrative/clerical duties in support of assigned clinical department.
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or higher required upon hire
- No experience required
- LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse and eligible to practice in the state of Kentucky required upon hire AND
- BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 45 days of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Occasionally
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Occasionally
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Rarely
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.