Performs sonography in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures.
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology, and equipment limitations.
- Evaluates, synthesizes, and communicates diagnostic information to the attending physician or radiologist.
- Communicates effectively with the patient and health care team and provide education regarding the procedure and equipment to ensure patient understanding.
- Associate's degree or higher in Science required upon hire OR
- Associate's degree or higher in related field required upon hire
- A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- No experience required
- RDMS - Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer required upon hire OR
- RDCS - Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer required upon hire OR
- RVS - Registered Vascular Specialist required upon hire OR
- RVT - Registered Vascular Technologist required upon hire OR
- RT(S) - Registered Radiological Technologist in Sonography required upon hire AND
- BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
- Requires in-depth skills and knowledge of the specialized concepts, practices, and procedures in the area of specialization.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of the specialization as well as business needs to recommend appropriate action.
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Occasionally
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.