Provides imaging services to patients.
- Positions patients and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Utilizes radiation protection and safety standards. Applies as low as reasonably achievable (ALARA) principle to minimize exposure to patient, self, and others.
- Assists the physician in a variety of imaging procedures.
- May be required to prepare and administer contrast media and/or medications within accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for setting up and providing equipment and supplies before, during, and after procedures.
- Associate's degree or higher in Science required upon hire OR
- Associate's degree or higher in related field required upon hire
- A combination of education, training and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- No experience required
- RT(R) - Registered as a Radiological Technologist in Radiology required upon hire AND
- ROC - Radiation Operator Certification in the state of Kentucky required upon hire AND
- BLS - Certified as a Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider required within 90 days of employment in this position
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Frequently
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Occasionally
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.