Works to ensure that strategic health information technology, analytic development, and clinical data management are aligned with the requirements/needs of the organization. Assists with the effective systems operations by providing end user support, troubleshooting application issues, issue escalation, and communications. Evaluates, redesigns, and standardizes workflows and processes to achieve organizational goals and successful outcomes by promoting adoption of the clinical systems as they were designed to be used.
- Champions health informatics systems deployment, adoption, virtual care, optimization, standardization, and interoperability.
- Assists clinical leaders in meeting high reliability goals, strategic initiatives, and regulatory requirements with optimization and enhancement of clinical applications and associated workflows.
- Investigates user problems and needs, identifies their source, and works with Application Analysts to determine possible solutions.
- Analyzes user project proposals to include identifying potential problem areas and recommends optimum approaches for project path.
- Uses a structured problem solving methodology to identify and clarify issues and select, develop, implement and evaluate informatics solutions.
- Analyzes multiple approaches and solutions to the informatics issue. Works with the team for implementation of the solution for the issue or problem.
- Proactively monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of all applications and recommends opportunities for improvements.
- Implements the results of quality activities related to the use or management of the EHR.
- Facilitates the support of applications and other systems assigned to the team.
- Escalates break-fix issues to the Application Analysts when troubleshooting does not resolve the issue. Escalates to management and project managers regarding delays in resolving issues within requested timeframes.
- Develops and executes application testing, including test scripts, documentation of results and integration testing.
- In combination with Epic application-specific training and guidance from analysts, utilizes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation skills to design/develop Epic training curriculum for specific end-users/roles.
- Supports end-user training by providing one-on-one assistance at go-live and afterwards. Additional support includes creating tip sheets, changes to application workflow, additional training to staff member or unit/department, and on-call coverage.
- Assists in the implementation of policies and practices to ensure the privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient information and to maintain data integrity.
- Assists in security design for assigned application systems.
- Remains abreast of trends and developments in information technology and associated software.
- Analyzes vendor content as it is released in order to determine impact to end users, recommend needed changes to workflows.
- Assists in the coaching and mentoring of less experienced team members.
- Proficient with and fully supports the IT project management methodology.
- Provides on-site and/or telephone support in accordance with organizational needs - in a periodic, rotating 24x7 on-call schedule.
- High school diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED) or higher required upon hire
- A minimum of 4 years' relevant experience required
- No licensure/certification/registration required
Skills and Attributes
- Extensive knowledge of assigned clinical system applications.
- Ability to apply principles and concepts of project management by helping to develop processes, procedures, workflows and guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge and skills appropriate to informatics practice through professional development activities.
- Experience with the methodology and tools related to project management, educator, consultant, researcher, product developer and advocate/policy developer.
- Ability to work with a level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively.
- Demonstrates good organization and team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skill necessary to make sound recommendations based on data analysis.
- Ability to complete large and complex assignments.
- Ability to collaboratively work with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to partner with customers and guide them through challenging projects.
- Responsible for project results and completion.
- Mentor to team members.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Occasionally
- Walking: Occasionally
- Sitting: Frequently
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Never
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Never
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Never
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Never
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Never
- Climbing: Rarely
- Bending/Stooping: Rarely
- Kneeling: Rarely
- Crouching/Crawling: Rarely
- Reaching: Occasionally
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Occasionally
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Never
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Never
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.