Under the supervision of a physician provides direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services.
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation, interview, and examination.
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or community resources.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options, and community resources.
- May be required to perform preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations, and care.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of assessment and patient care plan.
- Assists with surgeries; performs open/endoscopic vein harvesting, sternal closures in the operating room, insertion of chest tubes, arterial and central lines, femoral cuts, and assists with the daVinci robot.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Physician Assistant Studies required upon hire OR
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related field required upon hire
- No experience required
- Physician Asst - Current licensure as a Physician Assistant in the state of Kentucky required upon hire AND
- NCCPA - National Physician Assistant certification through National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants required upon hire
Skills and Attributes
- Requires critical thinking skills and decisive judgment.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Standing: Frequently
- Walking: Frequently
- Sitting: Occasionally
- Lifting 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Lifting over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 0-25 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying 25-75 lbs: Rarely
- Carrying over 75 lbs: Rarely
- Pushing/Pulling 0-25 lbs: Frequently
- Pushing/Pulling 25-75 lbs: Occasionally
- Pushing/Pulling over 75 lbs: Occasionally
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Bending/Stooping: Frequently
- Kneeling: Occasionally
- Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally
- Reaching: Frequently
- Talking: Frequently
- Hearing: Frequently
- Repetitive Foot/Leg Movements: Rarely
- Repetitive Hand/Arm Movements: Frequently
- Keyboard Data Entry: Frequently
- Running: Rarely
- Vision: Depth Perception: Frequently
- Vision: Distinguish Color: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Far: Frequently
- Vision: Seeing Near: Frequently
Owensboro Health Core Commitments
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with a high level of responsibility, reliability and honesty because we take seriously the trust of our patients and coworkers.
RESPECT - We value and accept the unique talents and contributions of every patient, customer and team member in the Owensboro Health community.
TEAMWORK - We build a spirit of connectivity and fellowship by striving together to overcome obstacles, surpass goals, celebrate accomplishments and plan the future.
INNOVATION - We foster original ideas and creative solutions that improve our daily work and promote the mission of Owensboro Health.
SERVICE - We focus on service to patients, customers and team members by anticipating their needs, thoughtfully meeting those needs and continually improving the quality of everything we do.
EXCELLENCE - We reach beyond basic expectations to expand our knowledge and awareness, produce exceptional work and provide outstanding service.